Subject: Cost-benefit analyses of book repair

Cost-benefit analyses of book repair

From: Ethel E. Hellman <ehellman>
Date: Saturday, November 2, 1996
Has anyone out there done a cost-benefit analysis of repairing
general collection [library] materials in-house v. outsourcing same?
I have looked at the University of Pennsylvania/CCAHA report.  I've
also heard that Columbia University did such an analysis in the late
'80s or early '90s, but have not been able to lay hand or eye on a
copy of it. Any information would be greatly  appreciated.

E. Hellman
Preservation and Conservation Studies
GSLIS
Room 564, SZB