Subject: Storage of coins

Storage of coins

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Friday, November 1, 1996
Larry Hutchings <history [at] infolink__morris__mn__us>

>I don't find storage materials for coins in any of my archival products
>catalogs. Any suggestions?

We have for many years being making individual coin holder envelopes
using our 100% rag Silversafe(R) paper. The design of these envelopes
emanates from a time when many custodians used quite nasty acidic
envelopes (some sadly still do) to house their collections in. We
were approached by one of the UK's leading collections and asked to
replicate the style using materials that would not afford harm to
the material being housed.

The 51 mm square envelopes have a non adhesive flap to contain the
items inside and very conveniently fit into our 1162 and 35MU
storage boxes. If anyone would like a free sample we will happily
forward one.This item is featured on page 10 of our new UK
catalogue. Please E-Mail me directly.

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources (UK) Ltd
England