Subject: Textiles experiment

Textiles experiment

From: Melanie Cagonot <mcagonot>
Date: Monday, October 28, 1996
Currently I am taking a graduate level class, Conservation and
Restoration.  For our final, we are required to take an artifact
from our Sutro Egyptian collection and do a project that deals with
the conservation or restoration of that piece.

For my project, I want to study the linens found on the mummies.
Researching the historical background of linens in Egypt is no
problem. What I need help on is the physical aspect:  I cannot
handle the textiles and obviously I cannot experiment on it.  Is
there an alternative route for this project? Thank you in advance,

Melanie Cagonot
San Francisco State University

                Distributed: Thursday, October 31, 1996