Subject: AquaBoy

AquaBoy

From: Janice Stagnitto Ellis <libem051>
Date: Wednesday, October 30, 1996
George R. Leake III <taliesin [at] mail__utexas__edu> writes

>... if
>anyone knows of any company that services a moisture/humidity
>detector known as the AquaBoy (type PM II), please pass that info on

After consulting with Munter's Moisture Control, we purchased a moisture
meter and electrode made by Delmhorst Instrument Company from

    Paul N. Gardner Company, Inc.
    316 North East First Street
    Pompano Beach, FL 33060
    305-946-9454

The meter is model G-78, and the electrode is model 19-E. The
Gardner Company has many models of meters and electrodes available,
so you may want to speak with them about how to choose one that best
fits your needs. I chose the models indicated above because they
function similarly to the Aqua Boy moisture meter with which I am
familiar. Both are used to determine the percent moisture content in
a stack of paper, or a bound volume. The instrument is part of our
emergency preparedness kit.

Janice Stagnitto Ellis
Senior Book Conservator
Smithsonian Institution Libraries
Book Conservation Laboratory
SISC, Room 2H7, MRC 806, Washington, DC 20560
202-357-1486
Fax: 202-357-1775

                Distributed: Thursday, October 31, 1996