Subject: Painting windows

Painting windows

From: Neal Putt <np>
Date: Tuesday, October 29, 1996
Tom Brown <tomb [at] hawaii__edu> writes

>The windows are tinted, but we want to block out
>more light.  Does anyone have any experience with painting windows
>with a titanium dioxide or zinc paint, or any other paint?  Is there
>any other inexpensive method for blocking the light that we may be
>over looking?

When I was a boy, we used a type of white wash on the inside of
green house windows to reduce light and heat levels.  It was easy to
remove at any time.  Try a green house operator for advice?  There
are also the old reliable solutions of fluted polypropylene sheets,
plywood or fabric barriers, if you can figure out a way to attach
them.

Neal Putt, ICCROM

                Distributed: Thursday, October 31, 1996