Subject: Painting windows

Painting windows

From: Alex Warren <sinopia>
Date: Tuesday, October 29, 1996
Tom Brown <tomb [at] hawaii__edu> writes

>The windows are tinted, but we want to block out
>more light.  Does anyone have any experience with painting windows
>with a titanium dioxide or zinc paint, or any other paint?  Is there
>any other inexpensive method for blocking the light that we may be
>over looking?

We have an old sign-painter customer, who taught us a trick for the
perfect temporary window paint. Simply integrate pigment into liquid
dish soap. Sounds funny, but works really well. The dish-soap takes
any pigment quite readily and adheres to the glass beautifully. His
claim that it washes windows when you remove it is questionable, but
the dish-soap does dissolves quite easily with a sponge and water.
Hope that helps,

Alex Warren
Sinopia Pigments and Materials
229 Valencia St.