Subject: Storage of cedar fence posts

Storage of cedar fence posts

From: Larry Hutchings <history>
Date: Thursday, October 24, 1996
We have five cedar (arbor vitae?) fence posts, bark on, ca. 1940. Each
is about 60 in. long and slightly less than 2 in. diameter. They were stored in
an open shed for many years, and are extremely dusty. The bark is very
flaky and fragile. To stabilize the fence posts and protect other
artifacts from soiling, how should I clean and store the posts?

Larry Hutchings, Curator
Stevens County Historical Society
SCHS Museum
116 West 6th Street