Subject: Painting windows

Painting windows

From: Tom Brown <tomb>
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 1996
Recently we have acquired the use of a building on our campus next
to our library to store some of our collection.  This building has
12' to 15' ceilings and windows on 2 and 1/2 sides that go from
floor to ceiling. This lets in a lot of light and at certain times
of the year direct sun light reaches to the center of the floor.
This is a "temporary" building so we don't want to put too much
money into it.  The windows are tinted, but we want to block out
more light.  Does anyone have any experience with painting windows
with a titanium dioxide or zinc paint, or any other paint?  Is there
any other inexpensive method for blocking the light that we may be
over looking? Thanks,

Tom Brown
Acting Head of Preservation
Preservation Photographer