Subject: Storage of CD's

Storage of CD's

From: Robin Gelinson <gelinson>
Date: Friday, October 25, 1996
Merle Kimball <makimb [at] janus__swem__wm__edu> writes

>My supervisor wants to have compact discs stored in our regular
>library stack areas right along with the books. Does anyone do this?
>If so, what type of container do you use?

Here at Alverno College we circulate or CD's as well, both music and
computer software.  All CD's are embossed with our college name with
a machine called  "IdentadiscHD" it is a square metal & plastic
device where you put the disc in and by closing it it stamps in the
plastic around the center hole the name.  I have no idea of cost or
company.

As far as preventing them from being stolen..we use the 3M security
gates and we have "tattle tape" on the CDs.  There is a kit for
this.. two strips evenly placed on the non-running  side of the CD
and held down by an adhesive sheet.  Contact 3M for more info.

Robin Gelinson
Automation/Technical Services Librarian
Alverno College
Milwaukee, Wisconsin