Subject: Glassine and storage of philatelic materials

Glassine and storage of philatelic materials

From: Juanita Hendriks <juanita202>
Date: Tuesday, October 22, 1996
I would like contact with someone working with housing of
stamps/philatelic material.  This is for a student research project;
I'm looking into past and current uses of glassine paper and know
that stamps have in the past been housed in the older (i.e. *not*
acid free) glassine paper.  Are older collections being re-housed,
and if so, into what new housing?  Please feel free to contact me
off list. I have a few more questions, and I'd like to go over some
of the bibliographic references I have turned up (and also want to
make sure I'm not missing something important).

Juanita Hendriks
Preservation Administration
UT Austin, Grad. School of Library and Information Science

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 23, 1996