Subject: Shelving

Shelving

From: Rebecca Branstetter <rebeccab>
Date: Wednesday, October 16, 1996
We need help or referral to find information on the best means to
attach shelving units together, across the top of the units, and to
a wall.  Our shelving has been bolted to the floor but is not
stable.  We would appreciate any information on type of material
(angle-iron, etc.) and procedures to use.  There are five ranges of
metal shelving, approximately 8 feet tall, running parallel to each
other and to the wall that we want to attach them to.

We also have about 30 feet of wooden shelving (free standing) on a
wall area that has not been secured.  Will bolting the units to the
wall work, or would something else be better?

Rebecca Branstetter
Library & Media Services
Western Nevada Community College
Carson City, Nevada