Subject: Fixatives

Fixatives

From: Adam Karpowicz <akarpowicz>
Date: Thursday, October 17, 1996
I have been asked by an artist what is the best fixative for
charcoal drawings. I am aware of the Lascaux-Fix and Grum Tuffilm
(both based on B-72), although removability in this case would not
be as important as resistance to yellowing. How about other acrylic
resins based on n-BMA? iso-BMA? water based cellulose ethers? The
product should not be too expensive--it will be used on a large
number of drawings by students.

Adam Karpowicz

                 Distributed: Monday, October 21, 1996