Subject: Storage of CD's

Storage of CD's

From: Peggy Bordley <pbordley>
Date: Thursday, October 17, 1996
Merle Kimball <makimb [at] janus__swem__wm__edu> writes

>My supervisor wants to have compact discs stored in our regular
>library stack areas right along with the books. Does anyone do this?
>If so, what type of container do you use?

We have our Compact Discs in the stacks, but they are not shelved
with books.  Rather, we have an area set aside for them. We keep
them in jewel boxes and they circulate for one day.  We have
security strips on them which are made just for use on Compact
Discs.  We haven't seen any reason to store them in anything other
than the cases they come in.  If they don't come in jewel boxes, we
put them in one.  This seems to be working well.

Peggy Bordley

                 Distributed: Monday, October 21, 1996