Subject: Book tumbler

Book tumbler

From: Donia Conn <donia>
Date: Sunday, October 13, 1996
I am a graduate student in the Preservation and Conservation Studies
program at the University of Texas at Austin working on my "senior"
research project on board reattachments.  I am looking at the
feasibility of the treatment for collections maintenance in
circulating collections. In order to most rigorously test the
different methods I am using, I would like to send my sample through
a book tumbler.  Does anyone out there have one that I could use or
know of someone who has one that I can contact.  I would have
roughly 12 books to test ranging in size from 10-30 cm.

Also, if anyone is using board reattachment for their circulating
collections, please let me know what method you use and how
effective it has been. I greatly appreciate any input,

Donia Conn

                 Distributed: Monday, October 14, 1996