Subject: Wool carpeting

Wool carpeting

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh>
Date: Monday, October 7, 1996
I am looking through somewhat old entries and saw Jane Klinger's
(Conservation DistList Instance: 10:29) query about the use of wool
carpeting.  It seems she has the technical info already at hand, but
is the library really accepting hot water extraction as a cleaning
method?  I would welcome the experience of various institutions in
wet-cleaning floors vis-a-vis mechanical RH control systems.
Practical issues sometimes in real life quite outweigh technical
ones, and housekeeping is an eternal problem.

Barbara Appelbaum

                Distributed: Saturday, October 12, 1996