Subject: 18th century paints, dyes and mordants

18th century paints, dyes and mordants

From: Flavia Philp <fphilp>
Date: Friday, October 4, 1996
As part of my studies I am searching for information regarding paints,
dyes and mordants used on furniture in the 18th century.
Can anybody help?  I will welcome references, recipes and tests results.
I would like to hear also from textile conservators, as some of the 18th
century dyes were used both for textiles and furniture.
The information used will be acknowledged.

Flavia Philp
Conservation Department
The Wallace Collection
Hertford House