Subject: Creche figures

Creche figures

From: Dan Riss <Dan_Riss>
Date: Thursday, September 26, 1996
Conservator seeking information about 18th century Neapolitan carved
wood creche figures:  their construction, clothing, metallic
embellishments (sequins, spangles, metallic threads), and examples
of conservation treatments. References to literature appreciated.
(CIN already searched).

Send responses to me. I'll forward them to conservator Susan
Schmalz.

Dan Riss
National Park Service
Harpers Ferry Conservation Labs