Subject: History of cleaning paintings

History of cleaning paintings

From: Mel A. Hardin <merengo>
Date: Thursday, September 26, 1996
Clean an Oil Ptg or Cook a Hedghog

Dear List members: Finally proof  from 1777 substantiates how our
complete education has suffered in the last 200 years.

Book-1777

    We offer for your consideration....ROBERTSON, HANNAH " TO THE
    RIGHT HONOURABLE THE COUNTESS OF NORTHESK THIS TREATISE
    CALCULATED FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF YOUNG LADIES IN THE NICE AND
    ORNAMENTAL ARTS IS INSCRIBED BY HER LADYSHIP'S MOST OBEDIENT AND
    MOST OBLIGED HUMBLE SERVANT , HANNAH ROBERTSON."  LONDON 1777

    Small octavo dark brown full calf binding corners rubbed and
    bumped. spine has been restored professionally and the front
    free endpaper has been replaced with matching paper from the
    same period . Contents foxed and a few pages have very small
    closed tears. Inner cover and title page show evidence of tape
    marks where cover was taped on at one time. Book is complete and
    tight. A very nice copy. This wonderful book contains everything
    the young lady of the time needed to know from making a water to
    remove pimples to how to make a hedge-hog. Other subjects
    covered are, How to clean an oil painting, how to pickle walnuts,
    painting in fresco, preserving green gooseberries, making
    alderberry rob, caring for the bite of a mad dog and much more.
    price $375 postpaid. Insured. Please Call or e-mail to hold. CWO
    check money order or major credit cards accepted. If you have
    any questions please use our toll free number. Returnable for
    any reason within ten days.

(I have removed the sellers name for obvious reasons. )

Mel A. Hardin

                Distributed: Friday, September 27, 1996