Subject: Wool carpeting

Wool carpeting

From: Leslie Bone <boneles>
Date: Wednesday, September 25, 1996
Jane E. Klinger <jklinger [at] inetgate__ushmm__org> writes

>We would like to hear from colleagues regarding their experiences
>with wool carpeting.

Several years ago the Oakland Museum had a huge problem with their
wool carpeting and moths. Their conservators went into the subject
in great detail as their administration was still keen to use wool
carpeting to replace the infested carpet!  I suggest you contact
their conservator John Burke at 510-238-3806 for all the gory
details.  I know he looked into treated wool fabrics.

Lesley Bone
Object Conservator
Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco

                Distributed: Friday, September 27, 1996