Subject: Funding for preservation of historical photographs

Funding for preservation of historical photographs

From: Laurie Baty <laurie.baty>
Date: Thursday, September 26, 1996
Jim Moss <clkmkr [at] tiac__net> writes

>My brother-in-law is a professional photographer. He is working with
>a person in Maine that has a large collection of historical
>photographs of the Kennebeck Region.
>...I suggested that there may be grants
>available to assist with the cost of conservation/preservation but I
>am not sure of this information.

In the United States, the National Historical Publications and
Records Commission (NHPRC) offers grants for the preservation of
historical photographic materials residing in not-for-profit
organizations, state, local, and tribal governments. Guidelines may
be had by contacting the Commission at

    nhprc [at] arch1__nara__gov

or, in Jim Moss's case, by contacting the Maine State Archivist, Jim
Henderson, at 207-287-5790.

More information about the Commission and its activities may be found on
our web site:

    http://www.nara.gov/nara/nhprc/

    **** Moderator's comments:   There is a link to this site from
    the Organizations page in CoOL