Subject: Funding for preservation of historical photographs

Funding for preservation of historical photographs

From: Sarah Z. Rosenberg <sarahaic>
Date: Tuesday, September 24, 1996
Jim Moss <clkmkr [at] tiac__net> writes

>My brother-in-law is a professional photographer. He is working with
>a person in Maine that has a large collection of historical
>photographs of the Kennebeck Region.
>...I suggested that there may be grants
>available to assist with the cost of conservation/preservation but I
>am not sure of this information.

Your best bet is to seek funds from a local foundation.  Consult the
National Guide to Funding in Arts and Culture published by the
Foundation Center, 1001 Connecticut Ave. Washington DC 20036.  It is
organized by state.  The Third edition which I have in hand lists
Maine foundations on pages 282-3. You should be able to a get a copy
of the Guide in any major university library.

Sarah Z. Rosenberg
AIC, Executive Director

                Distributed: Friday, September 27, 1996