Subject: Bristol

Bristol

From: Carol Wickenhiser-Schaudt <schaudt>
Date: Thursday, September 12, 1996
In Conservation DistList Instance: 10:28, I wrote

>I have been using graphite on  Strathmore series 400  475-1  2-ply
>vellum surface bristol.   Does anyone know if this paper is of
>archival quality?

I  forgot to add that this paper is approximately six years old. It
had been in a sealed tablet, stored in the dark. No discoloration
took place during storage.

I have noticed that Strathmore is now manufacturing drawing
sketchbooks that are rated as acid-free, whereas the ones I used by
this same manufacturer from five to seven years before have all
discolored and deteriorated.

Thus, new Bristol being sold by this manufacturer may be an improved
version of what I have used. Thank you,

Carol

                Distributed: Friday, September 20, 1996