Subject: Meeting on storage and display environment

Meeting on storage and display environment

From: Edward Then <e.then>
Date: Wednesday, September 11, 1996
Storage & Display Environment - Problems And Solutions?
Conservation Scientists Group Meeting
Science Museum, Wroughton.
26th September 1996

The meeting will be held at the Science Museum, Wroughton.  Tea and
coffee will be provided free but there will be a charge of 5 pounds
for lunch.

Those travelling by train to Swindon (nearest mainline station)
would need a taxi to get to the site.  For those driving a map of
the site is enclosed.  Please contact me if you need further
information.  A coach can be made available and the cost and its
hire will depend upon the number of people interested.

Let me know if you require accommodation or the use of a coach.
Please return the form with the payment for lunch by the 16th
September 1996 at the latest.

Dr Edward Then
Senior Conservator (New Materials)

PROGRAMME
10.20 - 10.30   Welcome

10.30 - 10.55   "Building Management system at the Victoria and
                Albert Museum".
                Paula Mills, Victoria and Albert Museum, London.

10.55 - 11.20   "Sealing Wood to reduce corrosive emission".
                David Thickett, British Museum, London.

11.20- 11.45    "Practice at the Tate Gallery - a question of
                priorities".
                Stephen Hackney, Tate Gallery, London.

11.45 - 12.00   Coffee

12.00 -12.25    "RH, temperature, pollution and dust- the approach
                to monitoring in the British Museum".
                Sue Bradley, British Museum, London.

12.25 - 12.50   "Current research into air pollution in museum
                galleries and cases".
                Nigel Blades, University of East Anglia, Norwich.

12.50 - 14.00   Lunch

14.00 - 15.30   Tour of A1 store (and other stores?)

Please complete and return this portion to Dr Edward Then, Science
Museum, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2DD, United Kingdom

    Name :
    Address:

    Tel
    Fax
    e-mail:
    I would/would not*  like to take the coach from LONDON.
    (*please delete as appropriate)

    I would/would not*  require accommodation.
    (*please delete as appropriate)

    Note : Please do not forget to enclose a cheque for 5 pounds
    made payable to the Science Museum for lunch.

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 11, 1996