Subject: Reliability of information

Reliability of information

From: Beverly Perkins <revperks>
Date: Sunday, September 8, 1996
    **** Moderator's comments:   I usually don't allow
    'Meta-distlist' discussions, but this one raises such an
    important point that I'm making an exception, and will respond.
    Followups will be accepted if they make substantive
    contributions (but not just "I [love/hate] the list")

The Conservation DistList provides an invaluable forum for
conservation issues.

I am concerned that our colleagues with  expertise on certain issues
are not connected to the Cons DistList.  They may not be available
to answer our queries.  It might happen that someone with access,
but not the expertise, might answer.  I just throw this out there
with no solution.

Beverly N. Perkins
Conservator

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 11, 1996