Subject: Hurricane damage

Hurricane damage

From: Teresa Taylor <ttaylor>
Date: Tuesday, September 10, 1996
    **** Moderator's comments:   The following appeared on the
    Archives list and is reproduced here without the knowledge or
    consent of the author. Please reply directly to
    jburns [at] otc__akzonobel__nl

    Date: 10 Sep 96
    From: John Burns, Research Librarian <j_burns [at] otc__akzonobel__nl>

    Hurricane Fran dumped a lot of water on us this past weekend and
    the roof to one of our buildings failed to live up to
    expectations. So we are faced with lots of loose papers, books
    and other bound documents which are water damaged. Someone on
    the Solo-Lib list suggested that I ask here about restoring this
    damp paper to a usable form. We have several large
    pharmaceutical lyophilizers on-site and this seems to be the
    route to take right now. Can anyone offer insight/experience on
    appropriate times and temperatures we might use to properly dry
    this mess. Any other ideas are appreciated, but as you might
    imagine, this is an ASAP need, so we want to use what we have if
    it will work.

    I'm not on the list so please respond directly to me at:

    jburns [at] otc__akzonobel__nl

    or:

    John Burns
    Organon Teknika Corp.
    Durham, NC
    919-620-2398
    Fax: 919-620-2497

Teresa Taylor
Special Collections & University Archives
California Polytechnic State University

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 10, 1996