Subject: Document storage

Document storage

From: Scott Campbell <ScottCampbell>
Date: Saturday, September 7, 1996
Any recommendations as to whether it is better (for the contents) to
store document boxes vertically or flat? We currently store our
50,000+ page manuscript collection horizontally. Vertically would be
a better use of our limited shelf space. Is there any archival
reason not to store vertically? Each box contains numerous file
folders with 8-10 single sheets of paper of varying composition
(some acidic--treated though still fragile; some "acid-free" 80#
text; some 20# copier bond) If you have experience with this, I
would appreciate hearing your views.

Scott Campbell
Sacred Archives of Adidam

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 10, 1996