Subject: Embroidered bindings

Embroidered bindings

From: Roberta Pilette <pilette>
Date: Monday, September 9, 1996
I have begun doing research on English embroidered book bindings.  I
am looking for anyone who has done research on these bindings or may
know of someone with this interest.  I am also specifically looking
for a person who is knowledgeable in the field of English
embroidery.    The period I am specifically interested in is
14th-17th century.  However, anything prior (no known binding
examples extant) or later (a number of wonderful examples) than
these dates is welcome.  Information on particular collections that
contain English embroidered bindings is welcome as is articles,
books or other research pertaining to these bindings.

You may send the information via email to: pilette [at] uts__cc__utexas__edu
or via snail mail:  Roberta Pilette, PCS/GSLIS, University of
Texas-Austin, SZB 564, Austin, TX  78712. Thank you very much,

Bobbie Pilette
Preservation & Conservation Studies
University of Texas-Austin

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 10, 1996