Subject: Hazardous materials

Hazardous materials

From: Rick S. Fortenberry <whaler>
Date: Saturday, September 7, 1996
K. R. Berrett <kory [at] juno__com> writes.

>...I'd be interested to know what advice is out there
>regarding the disposition of live small arms ammunition and
>potentially dangerous 18th or 19th century pharmaceuticals like
>strychnine.

I would pay a visit to my local gun shop.  While it may be
politically incorrect to do so (smile) and a bit uncomfortable for
those not familiar with firearms, you will find that the personnel
manning these establishments are well acquainted with the disposal
of small arms ammo, and are also in contact with vintage arms
collectors who may have use for it.  Think of the visit as a
learning experience.

As for the strychnine, you might try contacting an exterminating
concern.

Rick S Fortenberry
Cape Cod Scale Watercraft

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 10, 1996