Subject: Sources for repair of Handibind machine

Sources for repair of Handibind machine

From: Johnny De Sollar <jpdesoll>
Date: Wednesday, August 21, 1996
We have a Handibind machine which has stopped operating. It is
either clogged or has overheated within some part of the electronic
circuitry. We are trying to locate a repair technician, so far
without success. If anyone has used a machine similar to the one
described below, I would be very grateful to hear of repair sources.

The machine is called an NCL Perfobinder (Nakabayashi Co. Ltd.,
Japan) Model # NB 8001. It is distributed in the U.S. by Advanced
Binding Methods Inc. Port Washington, New York.

The machine punches 1/4" holes through up to an 1 1/2" of paper
based materials by using a high speed rotating drill. The hole and
materials can then be sealed with a hollow plastic tube that feeds
into the machine and is flattened on both edges of the binding.

Johnny De Sollar
Conservation Repair
Preservation Dept.
Green Library