Subject: Book cradles

Book cradles

From: Priscilla Thomas <priscilla.thomas>
Date: Thursday, August 22, 1996
To avoid posting on a subject that may have been discussed
previously, I searched CoOL, but came up empty, so I am hoping that
someone out there can help. We have several grey foam book supports
that we use in our reading room (usually helpful for heavy books or
books that have weakened hinges), but we also use them for exhibits.
We have numerous size and shapes (even a small, but long octagonal
shaped one), and the dilemma is this: we are trying to get some more
but have had no luck in searching standard catalogs. They must have
been purchased some time ago as no one here remembers where they
came from. A company out of business, a custom-maker perhaps? Do any
of you have these and know where to get them or is there some sound
reason that we should *not* be using these foam supports? Thanks in
advance for any and all help you can provide,

Priscilla Thomas
Senior Assistant Librarian
Special Collections
University of Delaware Library