Subject: UV photography

UV photography

From: Flavia Philp <fphilp>
Date: Tuesday, August 15, 1995
I would like to hear from anybody who has experience with UV and
fluorescence photography of furniture.

Tests were carried out with Ektachrome 100 ASA film and UV lamps.
The results were not very satisfactory as the colours on the prints
were mainly blues, even where oranges, yellows and browns should
have been present.

Filters such as 15% and 35% yellow were subsequently tested. The
first produced good results with pale oranges/yellows and dark
browns. The second produced colours which were more similar to the
ones seen by naked eye, ie. strong oranges.

Also a Kodak Wratten Filter 2B (pale yellow), for UV and
fluorescence photography, was used. The result: a wide range of
greens. I think that using either a 15% or a 35% yellow filter would
produce prints with readable results.

Flavia Philp

                 Distributed: Thursday, August 15, 1996