Subject: Mounting Genizah fragments

Mounting Genizah fragments

From: Benjamin Richler <richler>
Date: Monday, August 12, 1996
I received this query from a colleague at the Jewish Theological
Seminary. Any suggestions?

    As you may know, we have several boxes of unsorted scraps of
    Genizah fragments.  Many of them are quite small--most are
    really scraps.

    As we think of binding them and making them available, we are
    wondering what other libraries are currently doing about housing
    their manuscript fragments.  I heard that Cambridge no longer
    mounts their fragments into those large unwieldy volumes. Are
    aware of how other libraries, including Cambridge mount their
    fragments?  Can you suggest any people to ask (especially via
    e-mail)?

Benjamin Richler
Institute of Microfilmed Hebrew Manuscripts
Jerusalem

                 Distributed: Tuesday, August 13, 1996