Subject: Books wet by window cleaner

Books wet by window cleaner

From: Bill Hollinger <billh96007>
Date: Friday, August 9, 1996
Karla L. Geerlings <mulkgeer [at] mizzou1__missouri__edu> writes

>Today a librarian brought me several general collection books which
>had been together in a box when a bottle of Windex was overturned in
>it...
>What about the smell?

MicroChamber products (they contain molecular traps as well as
alkaline buffers) have proven to be very effective at removing
odors, so one of the MicroChamber papers will probably remove the
odor from your book. We have a new, very thin 100% cotton
MicroChamber interleaving paper, and we will be happy to send this
or other MC papers to you to try. Let us know the sheet size and
quantity, and your shipping address. Also, if you have any
questions, please call and we will try to answer them.

Bill Hollinger
Conservation Resources
8000-H Forbes Place
Springfield, VA. 22151