Subject: Lighting for butterfly collection

Lighting for butterfly collection

From: Steve Halford <halford>
Date: Friday, August 9, 1996
Sally Shelton <libsdnhm [at] class__org> wrote:

> I am forwarding the post with the original butterfly query to an
> entomologist who may know of specific research on butterfly fading that I
> don't.

I don't know any *specific* research on fading,  but the work
McKillop [not McAlpine] and Preston were doing in 1981 was leading
in that direction.  You might try starting at:

    W.B. McKillop & W.B. Preston 1981. Vapour degreasing. A new
    technique for degreasing and cleaning entomological specimens.
    Can. Ent. 113:251-253.

    ____ & ____ 1981. Colour measurement of entomological specimens.
    Can. Ent. 113:255-258.

and seeing if it leads anywhere.