Subject: Flash photography

Flash photography

From: Jennifer Queree <jennyq>
Date: Wednesday, August 7, 1996
It has just been suggested to staff at our museum that we are party
poopers in not allowing flash photography in the exhibit areas.
Further, that we are one of few museums in the world still following
this creed. A number of us still have reservations regarding flash
photography, particularly in relation to textiles, feathers etc. We
would appreciate some feed-back from the conservation/curatorial
community. Thank you,

Jennifer Queree
Senior Curator
Canterbury Museum, Christchurch, New Zealand

                 Distributed: Wednesday, August 7, 1996