Subject: Steamers

Steamers

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Saturday, August 3, 1996
Johann Alcock <jalcock [at] newvenus__slv__vic__gov__au> writes

>We have two steamers used for paper conservation: a Solomon and a
>Conservation Resources model that are reaching the end of their
>lives.

Johann Alcock and other conservators used to using our steam pencil
units may be interested to hear that after two years of intense
redesign and development a successor to the original format is now
available, called TruSteam. Built in house the new compact unit
features unusually a solid beech ergonomically-styled handle, almost
instant heat up from cold and a very flexible long but narrow hose.
It also has dual voltage, enabling it to be used anywhere where
there is electricity.

We developed the new unit after listening very carefully to
suggestions and complaints (yes we do take complaints seriously and
do our best to accommodate resolutions where possible in new product
design) from users and practitioners spanning a variety of fields.
The original Solomon steam unit dates back over 10 years and has
been used for prints and drawings, paper, book, wallpaper, stone,
veneers, ceramic, photographic and oriental manuscript conservation.
Even better news is the fact that the new units is almost half the
price of its predecessor.

New information leaflets on TruSteamR can be obtained direct from

    Conservation Resources LLC
    8000H Forbes Place
    Springfield, Virginia 22151
    America