Subject: Sootmaster sponge

Sootmaster sponge

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Friday, August 2, 1996
J. Claire Dean <clairedean [at] aol__com> writes

>A client of ours recently advised by a co-worker to use a product
>called a Sootmaster Sponge made by Unger Enterprises Inc., to remove
>graffiti from a fragile sandstone rock face.

I have just finished speaking with the manufacturer (who is not
Unger Enterprises) and I am pleased to confirm that Sootmaster is
just another brand name for what is otherwise known as a Smoke
sponge.

Smoke sponges are made of vulcanized rubber, they are not toxic and
do not contain any chemicals or additives. They rely upon a unique
pore or cell structure to draw and contain smoke and grime from
objects. Smoke sponges come in two sizes, 6 x 3 x 3/4 inch and 6 x 3
x 1-3/4 inches.

For further details contact Conservation Resources LLC 8000H Forbes
Place Springfield, VA 22151 or our UK office at Unit 1 Pony Road,
Horspath Ind Estate, Cowley, Oxford OX4 2RD, England.

Mark Vine
Conservation Resources, England

                  Distributed: Friday, August 2, 1996