Subject: Large scale preservation

Large scale preservation

From: Andrew Richmond <richmonda>
Date: Wednesday, July 24, 1996
I am a government documents librarian and am working on formulating
a game plan for conserving/preserving our older documents, which are
bound in deteriorating lambskin.  Can someone offer suggestions on
how I might conserve/preserve on a large scale (several hundred
volumes) these valuable research materials fairly cheaply and
efficiently (like most libraries, we are severely under-funded and
understaffed). Thanks much,

Andrew Richmond
Acting Head of Government Documents
Olin and Chalmers Libraries