Subject: Fumigation and lamination

Fumigation and lamination

From: Henry Grunder <hgrunder>
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 1996
I had a phone call yesterday, followed by a FAX today, from

    Ms Ratanavadee Kanvanich
    Roter (Thailand) Co. Ltd
    849 Moo Ban Sinthorn
    Sukhaphibal 1 Street
    Klong Chan
    Bangkapi, Bangkok 10400
    +66 2 375 3455 6
    +66 2 733 3449 50
    Fax:+66 2 375 3857
    +66 2 375 6090
    AC%C [at] mozart__inet__co__th

    **** Moderator's comments:   NB, the email address is bogus,
    otherwise I'd write to Ms Kanvanich and invite her to join the
    DistList.

Ms Kanvanich writes (edited)

   "We are seeking the most efficient fumigation system and
    lamination process for old documents preservation as well as
    other related equipment to improve our archives system in major
    libraries throughout Thailand. I therefore would appreciate it
    very much if you could please let me know the current systems,
    product brand(s) that you are using and/or recommend, as well as
    the manufacturer's full address including phone and fax number."

I believe that Ms Kanvanich needs a crash course, before getting
into hardware. This is too big a job for me, since we are up to our
fixed ribs in getting ready to move the whole library up the street.
Would recipients of the list like to pitch in?

Henry Grunder
Conservation/Preservation Coordinator
The Library of Virginia

                   Distributed: Friday, July 19, 1996