Subject: Lead dust contamination of paper documents

Lead dust contamination of paper documents

From: Nancy McCall <nmccall>
Date: Friday, July 12, 1996
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as well

The Medical Archives is currently conducting a conference on the Web
about the psychobiological research data of Curt Richter
(1894-1988).

We would like to invite conservators to register and participate in
the conference discussion about the following problems:

    a.  preserving data in original hard copy formats,

    b.  dealing with lead dust contamination of the records.

The URL of the conference site is as follows:

    http://www.med.jhu.edu/confer/pbl/ricabout.htm

Please feel free to browse before you commit to registration. Poster
session #2 Assessing the Physical State of the Research Records is
devoted to conservation and lead abatement issues. On the bottom of
the cover page of this and other poster sessions is a HyperNews link
where you can submit your comments and participate in discussion.

We very much look forward to hearing from conservators. We need your
input in developing a plan to preserve the data in this important
collection. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should
have questions.

Nancy McCall

                  Distributed: Saturday, July 13, 1996