Subject: Compact storage

Compact storage

From: Carole DeFord <carole_deford>
Date: Tuesday, July 2, 1996
Our institution is in the process of renovation and the architect
wants to install compact storage units for all our artifacts and
specimens. I seem to remember that some object conservators felt
that despite advertisers that there was too much vibration and
banging for delicate objects. I would appreciate hearing opinions
and experiences with compactor storage units before July 12, please.
Thank you,

Carole DeFord
Collections Manager
Cranbrook Institute of Science