Subject: Conservators' authority in art museums

Conservators' authority in art museums

From: Richard Perry <rperry>
Date: Thursday, June 27, 1996
For a continuing project to understand the authority of conservators
on staff in art museums in the United States, I am seeking:

    *   contacts with conservators who are, or have been, in such
        positions, to discuss via e-mail or snail mail how certain
        conservation decisions were arrived at in your experience (I
        am not trying to focus on either glorification or
        vilification of any actors in the decision-making process).

    *   contact with those in the AIC who have been constructing a
        history of the occupation and the organization.  (If others
        have done such research, I'd love to hear from you.)

    *   contacts with others who wish to comment in any way on this
        research investigation.

Thanks for your help,

Richard Perry
Univ. California, San Diego