Subject: Coating on drafting linen

Coating on drafting linen

From: Robin Panza <panzar>
Date: Monday, June 24, 1996
Carol Edwards asked about an odor from maps drawn on "a linen-base
material, which has a smooth surface."  This sounds like the linen
drafting material on which we, too, have maps.  Ours, however, have
no particular smell.  I double-checked before replying, and can
barely discern an odor with my nose at the center of the map.
Whatever is causing the smell on her maps should not be intrinsic to
the material and deserves investigation.

Robin Panza
Section of Birds, Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh  PA  USA

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 27, 1996