Subject: PARS Preservation Education and Outreach Discussion Group

PARS Preservation Education and Outreach Discussion Group

From: Margit Smith <mjps>
Date: Wednesday, June 5, 1996
Design, Construction, Maintenance and Usefulness of Preservation
Department Home pages

ALCTS/PARS Preservation Education and Outreach Discussion Group
ALA Annual Conference in New York
Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Louis XVI Room - East
Sunday, July 7, 1996
11am-1pm

This meeting will be a continuation of the discussion begun in
February 1996 in San Antonio about the establishment of home pages
by preservation departments. We will try to cover all components in
the title, and look forward to a challenging and spirited
discussion.

Participants from three organizations will demonstrate and discuss
their home pages, some of which are still evolving:

    Christine Wiseman and Sharla Richards
    Field Service Officers
    SOLINET

    Barbara Sagraves
    Preservation Services Librarian
    Dartmouth College Libraries

    John Boral
    Representative
    Gaylord, Syracuse, NY

If you consider establishing a web site, if you use various
preservation related home pages, or if you are simply curious about
the subject, we hope to see you at this meeting.

Margit J. Smith, Head of Cataloging
University of San Diego
Copley Library

                  Distributed: Wednesday, June 5, 1996