Subject: Graffiti

Graffiti

From: J. Claire Dean <clairedean>
Date: Saturday, June 1, 1996
I am helping the Portland Police Bureau look into starting up a new
educational outreach program for the schools here, aimed at
reducing/preventing vandalism (especially graffiti).  This effort
also relates to my work helping State and Federal land agencies deal
with vandalism at rock art sites.

Does anyone out there know of examples of the same sort of thing
going on in their communities?  I want to compile a collection of as
many such programs as possible, find out how they are working, how
they are structured and delivered.  Then we hope to design one of
our own, or adopt one that has already been proved to be working.

Any examples would be welcomed.  They do not have to be programs
based out of Police Departments. Thanks,

Claire Dean
Dean & Associates Conservation Services
3438 NE 62nd Ave
Portland, OR 97213