Subject: Dolls

Dolls

From: Sue Dunlap <sdunlap>
Date: Wednesday, May 29, 1996
I am the preservation manager at my library, but this is a personal
request. Does anyone know of any literature on doll restoration?  My
dad cleaned out his attic in preparation of moving, and found a box
of dolls that obviously had been my mother's.  My sister and I are
very interested in cleaning them up and displaying them in our
homes.  The clothes are probably not salvagable, but the dolls
themselves are in pretty good shape considering they have been in an
attic over my dad's garage for 30 some years.  The bodies are cloth
with some kind of stuffing, and the head and lower half of the arms
and legs are maybe plastic or rubber?  The eyes open and close.
Also, if anyone knows of a doll collector/restorer in the Ohio area,
I would appreciate the information.  Thanks in advance for your
help.

Sue Dunlap
Preservation/Preparation Manager
Andrews Library