Subject: Plywood

Plywood

From: Alison Wain <awain>
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 1996
of plywood glues: 3-4 years ago the Museum of Victoria conservation
department contacted the CSIRO Forest Products Division about wood
products available locally that were suitable for use in showcases
,crates etc.  We were put in touch with a Peter Collins who turned
out to be a mine of information about adhesives used in wood
products.  I don't remember off hand what techniques they were using
to characterise adhesives, but I believe they were doing a lot of
analysis in this area. I don't know if Peter Collins is still there,
but I'm sure someone else equally helpful would answer any queries.
Their address is:

    CSIRO Forest Products Division
    Bayview Ave
    Clayton