Subject: Micro cassettes

Micro cassettes

From: Gerard Kleist <gerardk>
Date: Thursday, May 16, 1996
The Australian Archives has recently received a collection of micro
cassettes and C120 (an hour each side) compact cassettes. They date from
1975 to 1996. The tapes are going to be copied, but I would like some
advice about how long we have before there are problems. Does anyone have
any practical experience with these formats?

Gerard Kleist
Preservation Services
Australian Archives
New South Wales Office