Subject: Removing paper objects from burlap

Removing paper objects from burlap

From: Pat Schenk <pschenk>
Date: Friday, May 10, 1996
I work in the university Archives at St. Cloud State University,
St. Cloud, Minnesota.  Through an agreement between the theatre department
and a former student, we have acquired a large collection of theatre
materials and ephemera.  Among them are a group of autographs, letters,
autographed photos and photocards attached to burlap with some type of
adhesive substance and framed under glass.  Does anyone have any
suggestions as to the best way to handle these articles?  Some of them are
loose, others are still firmly attached.  I am assuming they need to be
removed from the frames and the burlap for conservation/preservation
purposes.  I will appreciate any help anyone can give me,

Patricia Schenk

                   Distributed: Sunday, May 19, 1996