Subject: Preservation of palm-leaf manuscripts

Preservation of palm-leaf manuscripts

From: Jan Lyall <jlyall>
Date: Thursday, May 9, 1996
I am very keen to collect information relating to the preservation
of palm-leaf manuscripts. I am aware of the two articles written by
Peter Lawson written in 1987 for Library Conservation News and I
also have a long and detailed paper by U Thaw Kaung presented at a
conference held in Chiang Mai on the Library and Archives
Preservation Needs of Southeast Asia 15-17 December 1993. I have
carried out an Internet search and have not come up with anything.

Jan Lyall
National Preservation Office
National Library of Australia
+61 6 262 1571